Wednesday, October 12, 2011

E-Harmony Update - Week 1 Recap

So begins Millie's journey to finding love! She isn't quite as excited as I am, but trust me, this is gonna be good! I'll post the updates each week and maybe, just maybe after 30 days love will have arrived!

Here's one thing you need to know about e-harmony. That initial survey takes approximately 36 years to complete. They are not messing around when it comes to compatibility. I took me even longer because I had to think as Millie would think and when I asked what she would prefer on a couple different questions, she refused to be of any use. I have never met someone so resistant to finding love. :) The only time she commented was when I said I was going to put her attractive level on the highest level (which I can say in all honesty is true), she told me absolutely not. Yep, that's the one thing she felt strongly about.

Anyway, after that was completed the emails/matches started coming in. Let me tell you - I was excited! But (sorry e-harmony.com I have to be honest) I was quickly let down. Out of 20 something initial matches, there was one, that's right one likely match. I did feel bad closing matches based solely on looks, but hey, if we're all honest, I'm not the only one who does that. So let's see where it goes with Spartacus.* He's a good looking guy, older and seems to have it together.

*Names have been changed to protect the people in this story. Because this is obviously top secret type stuff.

6 comments:

  1. "I did feel bad closing matches based solely on looks, but hey, if we're all honest, I'm not the only one who does that."

    I've discovered through experience that good looks, while nice and yes, even desirable, a) do not necessarily indicate a person's character and b) really *don't* matter, especially compared to what lies in a person's heart.

    If you're interested, you can read how I discovered that here: http://home.earthlink.net/~connwin/ourstory.html. And I wrote more about whether and how much appearance matters here: http://lovingfromtheinsideout.blogspot.com/2010/03/does-appearance-matter-after-all.html.

    As Christians especially, doesn't it behoove us to look beyond the outside, to at least give a "less-attractive" candidate a shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you from SCL. I'm 32 and married with kids but my twin is living the single life and this post reminded me so much of her! She does match.com and after seeing some of the guys that contact her I say ....... yes PLEASE close matches based solely on looks. This one guy- every picture he posted was a picture he took of himself in a bathroom, this particular one also included man boobs and a wedding ring..... really their are just so so so many things wrong about that. Good luck on the search for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too found you from SCL...I am 33 and married with 2 kiddos. I just want to go along for the ride rooting for you every step of the way. :) Can't wait to see what happens. I have some really close friends that met each other on eHarmony. She said at first she wasn't physically attracted to her now husband. She pictured a tall, athletic guy...she got an average looking, uber nice eye doctor. They are perfect for each other. They now have 5 boys and are just so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! And thanks Connie for the blog links. Like anon's sister experienced, most of the pictures were the guys who took pictures of themselves in the bathroom...haha - no thanks!

    We'll see where this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the search...and the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cora, thanks for clarifying. Pictures in the bathroom...yeeeah. I know what you mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete